[LINK] NBN rolling out in Gungahlin - Kate's report Re: Any linkers at Gunghalin NBN meeting?

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:36:37 AEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn
<brd at iimetro.com.au> wrote:
> I can't tell from what's been said but will the NBN in Gungahlin be to
> new builds or existing builds? If to existing builds, how can we find
> out when we are to be scheduled?

Bernard,

NBNCo did not have the details of which areas will be connected first,
as the first locations will be defined by technical characteristics of
the Telstra network there.  They said it will be an engineering
decision, and as soon as the NBNCo/Telstra deal goes through and they
have some information on the quality and capability of the
infrastructure they'll be able to announce the location and timing of
the first build (to existing sites certainly, not sure about new
ones).

cheers,
George