[LINK] using Windows Live

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Mar 3 08:48:19 AEDT 2011

Has anyone else had problems accessing Windows Live from Australia?
Does anyone use it? Please contact me off list. I'm having problems.
First it identified me as being from the UK, and when I changed to
Australia, it gave me region choices of England, Wales or Scotland.
Duh. So I said I was in the UK and chose Wales, with a legitimate
post code. It did send me an acknowledgement that the account was set
up (despite the account request page never resolving), but when I try
to login in now I get a message saying that it won't because

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the
following reasons:
    * This site may be experiencing a problem
    * The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:
    * You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live
Network, or try again later at this site.
----------
No additional links to click except to sign up again.

Error code 1046 keeps flashing as the browser tries to connect, then fails.

Of course I'm using Firefox, so maybe that's their problem.

This is comical. I tried to use their Live Solution Center which
suggested I allow 3rd party cookies (fat chance, I have allowed them
for MS to use this "service"). Then I clicked the didn't help link. Result:
A problem has occurred
We were not able to locate the resource requested.

I give up on self-help.
Please contact me off list if you have a solution.

Thanks,
Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com