[LINK] Electronic petitions to Parliament, Post Offices, Communications and Use of Government Images

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Mar 4 13:40:45 AEDT 2011

Further to my email about Glebe Post Office Petition:
> Photo of Peter SlipperPeter Slipper (Fisher, Liberal Party) Share this | Link to this | Hansard source
>
> The minister as a minister is able to table a document but because it is a non-conforming petition it cannot be received as a petition.
>
> Photo of Tanya PlibersekTanya Plibersek (Sydney, Australian Labor Party, Minister for Social Inclusion) Share this | Link to this | Hansard source
>
> Thank you. I will take the opportunity of tabling it as a document. Australia Post decided that the community?s energy and passion for this service was a storm to be weathered rather than a force to be harnessed. I also share residents? anger at the model of corporate governance bound by the letter of legislated community service obligations but blind to the spirit of community service itself.
<http://www.openaustralia.org/debates/?id=2011-02-23.111.1&s=speaker%3A10513>

By the way, I have recently dug into the history of the
Annandale Post Office (I am still negotiating permission to
display NAA Historic Photos so, for the moment you will
have to click on links to see them)
<http://ramin.com.au/annandale/story-annandale-post-office.shtml>

Marghanita

--