[LINK] The impact of DRM on the market for new content [Was: alternate media formats]

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Mar 5 09:53:54 AEDT 2011

On 4/03/2011 10:51 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> This relates to a post I read this morning from a writer friend. ...
> ... instead of buying anything new ... she's doing other things ...
While reviewing some low-end eBook reader hardware, the question of DRM
support arose. To the person asking the question, the issue was
apparently of vital importance. It was then that I realised that I have
never bought a DRM-encumbered eBook.

It's unlikely that I ever will. There's more in the public domain than I
could read in several lifetimes.

If my attitude was more common, what would it do to the market for new
content?

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...