[LINK] Phone as laptop

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sun Mar 6 11:02:49 AEDT 2011

On 06/03/2011, at 10:07 AM, Scott Howard wrote:

> And just to show that this isn't actually the case, someone has worked out
> how to get the Atrix to function in "webtop" mode when connected to ANY HDMI
> device.

Sounds rather similar to the recently announced HDMI output dongle available for iPhones - combined with keyboard, it should be able to do much the same.

I see a future where the computing device (for both creation and consumption) is a handheld/pocketable object, and connected (wirelessly or otherwise) to a huge range of peripherals to give it more specific utility, as and when needed.

iT