[LINK] Apple is turning into the evil empire

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Thu Mar 10 13:00:20 AEDT 2011

On 10/03/2011, at 12:26 PM, Brendan wrote:

> Hawkins told CNN that on average, the App Store earns publishers "$4,000 per application.

Even without being critical, that's brilliant and very sweet numbers, given the number of free apps out there (allegedly a third, though who really knows?).

I love averages.

Apple paid $2 billion to developers, for 400,000+ apps. Let's say 420,000 to be safe. If one third are free, that's 280,000 apps which reap revenue.

That's more than $7100 per app already, ON AVERAGE, which suits me just fine (as a developer).

Hawkins is talking through his (gaming) hat.

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com ph 0418 244 259