[LINK] NBN retail cost
Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Mar 10 15:03:33 AEDT 2011
At 3:44 +0000 10/3/11, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
>'Forty percent prefer 4G wireless broadband to fibre poll, equals NBN
>By Stan Beer Thursday, 10th March 2011 (snip)
>Out of 325 total votes, 59% said 'No, Australia needs both technologies,'
>while 40% said 'Yes, I would prefer to use wireless 4G in the future'.
Stan's (ab)use of the data is almost as bad as the ridiculous survey:
Let's see now:
- 'Does wireless 4G technology pose a threat to the NBN?'
- The only options that appear to have been available are only
a fraction of the field of play:
- 'No, Australia needs both technologies'
- 'No, but NOT Australia needs both technologies'
- 'Yes, I would prefer to use wireless 4G in the future'
- 'Yes, but NOT I would prefer to use wireless 4G in the future
i.e. the No was coupled with one irrelevant statement
and the Yes was coupled with a differently irrelevant statement
- only 3 out of 325 people voted 'Eh? Pardon?'
- no population, sampling-frame, sample selection method or
response-rate were declared
- it appears to have been the usual rubbish of take-whatever-comes
- internal validity zero
- external validity zero
Has the media not the slightest skerrick of scepticism about these
Roger Clarke http://www.rogerclarke.com/
Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd 78 Sidaway St, Chapman ACT 2611 AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916
mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au http://www.xamax.com.au/
Visiting Professor in the Cyberspace Law & Policy Centre Uni of NSW
Visiting Professor in Computer Science Australian National University
More information about the Link