[LINK] NBN retail cost and 12 year technology bell curve

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Thu Mar 10 15:39:25 AEDT 2011

technologies,'
>while 40% said 'Yes, I would prefer to use wireless 4G in the future'.
>
>If 40% of broadband users were exclusively 4G wireless, this would be a

>disaster for the NBN

Without entering the obviously lopsided "X and Y" Generation going to
untethered and DSL numbers dropping, both of which have been reported on
by ACMA [see refs below], why has the Government not hired a competent
economist that could show them that all technologies aimed at the public
are a twelve year adoption curve to 75% of the population.

In other words, it will always be a generational effect.

E.G. Plasma and LCD screens.
When did you get yours ?
When were they first sold enmasse to consumers ?

Voila Twelve years.

Cable TV (1997 to 2010) how many homes ?

LP to Cassette - 12 years
Cassette to CD - 12 years
CD to DVD - 12 years
DVD to Digital - 12 years

IF the NBN needs 70% in less than twelve years, it will fail.
Ergo the model needs to change.

Canberra, ring me, lets do lunch and I'll tell you the solution...
Hint: Of all the successful tech start-ups in the last ten years, the
ones that made it were all based on innovation NOT technology.

If the NBN is to succeed it must be based on innovative thinking NOT
expensive "But you have to buy this expensive technology otherwise you
cant have a POTS phone" - HAH!! What a joke...

Might as well sell the copper to Google...