[LINK] NBN retail cost

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Mar 11 12:40:24 AEDT 2011

Marghanita writes,

>> I'll shut up about some social-justice elements to pricing forthwith.
>> Couldn't get Link interested in discussing proposed 150% markups anyway
>
> At the February NBNCo customer forum, in Sydney, a figure of 7% return
> was mentioned.

Thanks Marg. But imho a 7% NBN markup might be remarkable. For example:

<www.zdnet.com.au/50mbps-500gb-on-nbn-may-cost-81-retail-339308109.htm>

"The details were revealed in the NBN Co three-year corporate plan
released by the Federal Government earlier today .. the document did
estimate that a basic 12Mbps downlink/1Mbps uplink plan on the NBN with a
50GB download limit would cost around $56 (and $24 wholesale) while a
customer on a 50Mbps downlink/20Mbps uplink service would expect to pay
around $81 (and $34 wholesale) for 500GB of downloads per month."

So NBN Co plan markups still seem like provider-cash-cow territory to me.

Cheers,
Stephen