[LINK] no more sun.com

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Thu Mar 17 19:59:03 AEDT 2011

"Sun Microsystems, one of the original gangsters responsible for
supplying all the electronics and infrastructure we now know as the
internet, ceased to be Sun Microsystems in January of last year.
Assimilated into the Oracle juggernaut, its operations no longer
carry that familiar logo and soon they'll no longer even be
referenced in the same spot on the internet. Yes, after 25 years of
answering the call of sun.com, the company that no longer is will be
letting go of its former domain name as well. The site has already
been redirecting users to Oracle for quite a while, but come June
1st, it'll be like the Sun we knew had never even risen."

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/16/sun-com-the-twelfth-oldest-domain-on-the-internet-will-be-deco/

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/