[LINK] Nuclear power stations.

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Mar 19 11:52:22 AEDT 2011

At 11:36 AM 19/03/2011, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>PS: As designers resigned over Mark I design concerns, I wonder why
>nobody is talking about suing GE for damages and criminal conduct, for
>withholding that safety and design concerns information from the
>buyers

It's not over yet. I read an article today that TEPCO is a dead duck
like ENRON, too. The story about their management promotion strategy
(very Japanese, based on loyalty rather than competence, and has been
an on-going problem in that company every time there is a safety
problem) is in the Oz.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/mistakes-plagued-corporate-response/story-fn84naht-1226024311668

  This line got me:
In press conferences, TEPCO executives have bowed their heads and
apologised repeatedly for "causing inconvenience"

Anyone who has had a corporate problem in Australia gets the same
line, as if it makes everything better. Always makes me more angry
than even the black hole of no information that precedes it.

Speaking of anger, there is another article that says the Japanese
people are becoming Katrina-like, FINALLY, re the lack of disaster
support actions for victims.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/homeless-cold-and-hungry-japanese-survivors-in-dark-over-future/story-fn84naht-1226024354369

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia