[LINK] Moderation note: Attempting to suppress discussion or opinions (Match Koltai - Was Fukushima scaremongers becoming increasingly desperate)

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sun Mar 27 09:01:39 AEDT 2011

On 27/03/2011, at 12:29 AM, Robin Whittle wrote:

> As one of the Amigos, its my view that if you want to use a mailing list
> to discourage other people from expressing their opinions - or to
> characterise what other people write in such negative terms ("claptrap")
> without sufficiently detailed supporting arguments - then
> you should not use the Link list for this purpose

Thankfully, it's unusual to see dismissive, extreme or antipathetic comments on Link. Most of us have thick-enough skins and keen grey matter to deal with it, especially when we see elements of trolling, ad hominem arguments or patronising views.

I see Link as a self-normalising entity, and if there is sufficient interest and passion to continue a thread, it will happen.

I concur with the other Amigos: can we leave the personal denigration and mockery to off-list conversations?

Warmly

iT