[LINK] Moderator Censorship

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Mar 29 09:24:37 AEDT 2011

On 29/03/2011, at 1:03 AM, Antony Barry wrote:

> If I remember rightly (not sure really) message length is a parameter which can be set for moderation and which is one of the many parameters which was discussed when link shifted to mailman so many years ago. If so it can be changed. My experience was that very rarely messages hit the 50k limit. Mostly verbose conference promotions.

Yes, there is a max_message_size preference (maximum size of message body), and it's currently set to 50KB.

Only one message has exceeded that limit that I've see so far (it was replete with images and html, and was a conference flyer).

In terms of moderations and restrictions, Link only accepts plain text, and blocks attachments, too.

I do not regard this as moderation, or a restriction on the activities of Link. Others might disagree.

Warmly

iT