[LINK] IT matters of interest in the 2011/2012 Federal Budget

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Tue May 10 21:13:31 AEST 2011

At 8:56 PM +1000 10/5/11, Tom Worthington wrote:
>Just about every year since the Australian Federal Budget was first put
>on the web, I have done a quick search though the documents to find
>matters of interest in information technology:
><http://www.budget.gov.au/2010-11/>.

Great stuff, as usual, thanks Tom!

>5. Education, Employment and Workplace Relations: "In addition,
funding will be provided to enhance and improve the exchange of
information between Centrelink and the Department of Education,
Employment and Workplace Relations' information technology systems. This
will improve the capacity of employment services providers and
Centrelink staff to view and use appropriate material from each other."

This is on top of their existing raiding of one another's data, i.e
the data of their 'clients', and the extraordinary merger of DHS,
Medicare and Centrelink (itself a funnel for 10 agencies and 100
benefit schemes).  Roll on the Australia Card Register.  'A few more
mega-millions and we'll justabout have it in place, and be able to
drop the Census in favour of real-time personal data-sharing across
the board'.

>The "Individual Electronic Health Record" (IEHR) system, which was a
>feature of last year's budget, was not mentioned.

Now PCEHR (Personally Controlled EHR), so-called.

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916