[LINK] Now that Microsoft owns Skype....

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed May 11 09:06:29 AEST 2011

....what is the bet we see the product absorbed into Windows Phone etc
and all other versions gradually left behind feature-wise?

Ipad2 has only recently obtained a camera, but Skype's iOS version of their
application doesn't actually natively* support it yet.

I am arguing that now, it probably never will.

I do envisage Skype receiving all sorts of AD twizzery for
integration with Outlook, etc - Outlook will end up
probably absorbing most of Skype's technology if my prediction
is correct....  :/

*you can run the iphone version of Skype, but it will be a half screen render.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html