[LINK] The End Is Nigh [Was: On the Day that you were born (UN Population Clock)]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Nov 10 00:58:43 AEDT 2011

David Boxall wrote:

> Humanity will be no great loss to the universe. The pity is that we look
> like taking the rest of life on Earth with us.

It would dreadfully difficult to wipe out all microbiotic life. It permeates
the earth, from a few miles up in the atmosphere to the depths of the oceans.
Once we are gone, the earth will heal itself as it has in the past and microbes
will give rise to entire new trees of life. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
We ain't nothing special.

cheers
rick

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

The first thing a man will do for his ideals is lie.
      -- Joseph A Schumpeter