[LINK] The End Is Nigh [Was: On the Day that you were born (UN

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Nov 11 12:15:54 AEDT 2011

On 11/11/2011 3:30 AM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> David wrote:
>
>>> Humanity will be no great loss to the universe. The pity is that we
>>> look like taking the rest of life on Earth with us.
>>
>> (Rick) It would dreadfully difficult to wipe out all microbiotic life..
>>
>> Better minds than mine have warned against assuming that we cannot make
>> such a mess of the world that it will no longer support life as we know
>> <http://350orbust.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/carl-sagan-and-stephen-
> hawking-on-effects-of-global-warming-the-runaway-greenhouse-effect-on-
> venus-is-a-valuable-reminder-to-take-the-increasing-greenhouse-effect-on-
> earth-seriously/>.
>
> Maybe .. otoh, it's Friday .. and ..
>
> Live Forever? Computer Says Yes
Yes, well. If we can avoid messing up too badly, maybe.

If you look back to the originating message, there's reason for doubt.
After the planet's human population reached a billion, it doubled in a
little more than a century. It then tripled in quite a lot less than a
century. As the Yanks say; "Do the math".

--
David Boxall                         | ignorance more frequently
http://david.boxall.id.au            | knowledge