[LINK] Friday Musing: Docx - Open Office versus Microsoft Office

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:49:01 AEDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 00:35, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:

> Like so much FUD from MS, their OOXML is NOT open. A squizz through the
> Link archives will uncover the reason why.

Sadly Microsoft had an ally -or should I say Trojan- in the form of Novell
Corp, which fought to have its patches for "better MS-OOXML compatibility"
added to OpenOffice.org -they even created their first and own OO.o fork,
Go-OO.

You should check Roy Schestowitz´ techrights.org site and look for the
ooxml tag...

For instance:
http://techrights.org/2010/12/21/novell-is-slammed-by-groklaw/
http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php/LibreOffice_Document_Foundation_and_OOXML
http://techrights.org/2011/05/02/ooxml-scandals-return/

FC
--
"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers."
Richard Hamming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code