[LINK] Consumers were forced into Wireless - Was - A national broadband network?

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Nov 22 09:46:53 AEDT 2011

And of course, the shortage of capacity at 99% of Australia's exchanges
that is now being alleviated with Telstra's Top-Hat initiative might
have something to do with the take-up failure numbers.

Now we will see the late adopters who previously had no option but to go
wireless jump onto the ADSL2 bandwagon.

I can't help (somewhat slightly cynically) but wonder why Telstra took
until now (post ACMA DLL pricing decision) to roll-out Tophat.

Although with the POI's it is basically another lay down misere, here
ISP's, nice ADSL2+ to resell to your clients and some nice POI
backhaul's... Come and get it so we can bankrupt the ones we missed in
1990's.

TomK