[LINK] How Not To Field Complaints: Optus

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Sep 19 03:15:25 AEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> Today I had occasion to wish to make a complaint to Optus. They tout
> free wifi in Sydney Airport, but if you try to connect, they want money.
> Well, someone called Tomizone does.

Tomizone is basically a crowd-sourced wifi network, which allows anyone to
make money by sharing out their wifi network.  If you're seeing that come up
after connecting to an Optus wifi network, then it's almost certainly a
rogue access point which has nothing to do with Optus.

Which terminal was this in?  Until a few weeks ago the only "free" internet
access in Sydney Airport was Optus's free kiosks, not wifi.  Apparently
terminal 1 (international) now offers free wifi access, but I believe it's
the only one.

  Scott.