[LINK] Green universities?

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Apr 12 08:16:40 AEST 2012

On 11/04/12 03:35, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> How green are Australian universities? ...

New unviersity buildings are much more energy efficient. However, I
suspect the savings from this will be offset by the more intensive use
of computers in the buildings.

It happens that I set my ICT Sustainability class at the Australian
National University the topic "How Green is My Learning Commons?". The
students had to estimate the environmental footprint of a new
computerised classroom at ANU. I expect to have some results in a few weeks.

In the interim, I can release the details of the exercise, if anyone is
interested.

ps: The students are studying "ICT Sustainability:
http://www.tomw.net.au/ict_sustainability/introduction.shtml

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/