[LINK] Green universities?

Nicholas English nik.english at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:36:52 AEST 2012

Great piece by Robin Williams (as usual), last week
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/scienceshow/canadian-building-benchmark-for-efficiency-in-construction-and-/3935320

Specifically on the ICT side was the minimisation of the desktop footprint
via virtualised services, but there was no mention  (that I recall) of
managing the backend energy requirements which would be interesting
quantify - has anybody have any material about this?
I was always disapointed that we couldn't manage to at least put the
Learning Precinct pcs into use overnight as a render farm make use of them
for GIS analysis in a parralell array when students did go home.

Nicholas English

Mob:      +971 (0)5 600 4364
Postal:    PO Box 440056, Dubai, Unite Arab Emirates

This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error please notify the me. Any views
quoted in this message are those of the individual source and may not
necessarily reflect my personal views.