[LINK] Roadshow loses appeal

Stephen Wilson swilson at lockstep.com.au
Sat Apr 21 09:06:35 AEST 2012

On 20/04/2012 10:07 PM, TKoltai wrote:
>  Shooting the messenger has been frowned upon since Greek times.
>
>  Failing to adhere to this very logical basic tenant of communications
>  tends to open the doors re responsibility of other carriers, e.g.:
>  water mains ...

If a water company knows that people are contaminating the water by
getting into the pipes, and if the company could do more to secure their
pipes but did not, then they could be held to be liable.  And if the
water company's revenue was bolstered by the contamination (in much the
same way that, so I'm told, 50% of iiNet traffic was file shares) then
their inaction could be shown to be self-interested.

I'm not taking sides on the iiNet case, I really don't know much about
it, but my Dodgy Metaphor Detector went off on Tom's comparison.  I'm
sure the iiNet defence was more subtle than the slogan "dont shoot the
messenger" even if it is ancient.

Cheers,

Steve Wilson.