[LINK] Standards, please! The third coming of electric vehicles

TKoltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Apr 24 00:21:32 AEST 2012

Hehe, that reminds me of many moons ago (82/83), I used to fly coastal
surveillance on weekends to earn pocket money. On departure from DRW one
day the RAAF tower (dual civil/mil tower) asked me (as it was getting
close to dusk) to confirm that I was ILS rated.

I replied in the affirmative. DRW responded, "Wasn't taking about you
Tom, I was asking about the plane..."

For fans of GCAS... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOF4-n0Eyyc I
uploaded it to YouTube because the reboot time of the GCAS system beats
Apple IOS by 12 seconds... Which I thought was pretty amazing
considering the superhet technology used, (although to be fair, the
valves were "pre-warmed" and it's all analogue...).

For you younger readers... This demonstrates that there's life in them
old barnacles yet...
And, lack of bloatware in operating system start-ups is gooooood.

P.S. Valves are particularly useful after large EMP and Solar Storm
events.

TomK