[LINK] Who inherits your digital library?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Aug 26 17:15:34 AEST 2012

At 04:46 PM 26/08/2012, David Boxall wrote:

>I recently went looking for the sequel to a novel I'd just read. I found
>the paperback for less than $8 (delivery included).
>
>The eBook was more than $11. The physical book was different prices at
>different suppliers, indicating effective competition. The eBook was the
>same price from all suppliers. I didn't bother buying.

I noticed the same thing on Amazon the other day. In fact, one of the
books (used) was listed at $.01, while the ebook version was $6 and
even a standard paperback was $4 I think. Granted, you need to pay
shipping but if you live in the US and buy $25, shipping is free.

I guess they are banking on the convenience and immediacy factor.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/