[LINK] Propaganda, manipulation and the abuse of media [Was: IPA, astroturfing and fantsy themes/Science under attack]

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Wed Feb 22 21:24:25 AEDT 2012

On 22/02/2012 4:33 PM, TKoltai wrote:
> I didn't attempt refute Climate change. I just suggested strongly that
> there were "other factors" ...
Tom, is your belief that you see "other factors", while people who are
qualified in the field don't, consistent with good mental hygiene?

> ... and that as far as I was concerned, mans
> presence on Earth had not been proven to warm the planet (empirically).
Your comment shows that you have not a clue about science. Could that be
why you keep making such a fool of yourself?

To recap: 97% of the best qualified consider the evidence sufficient to
be reasonably confident that human activity is a significant
contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures. In science,
that's about as close as you're going to get to "proven", unless and
until we pass a tipping point, so the planet turns into hell.

--
David Boxall                         | ignorance more frequently
http://david.boxall.id.au            | knowledge