[LINK] (OT) another year to year transition problem

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Jan 2 10:20:40 AEDT 2012

[I know link is to be about the internet mostly, but this programming
transition problem story was too funny not to pass along]

http://www.9news.com/news/article/239254/339/Guests-comped-rooms-after-Marriott-mixup

Guests locked out at DTC Marriott

DENVER - Chaos ensued Saturday night into Sunday as guests at the DTC
Marriott got locked out of their rooms.

The hotel is located at 4900 South Syracuse St.

Room keys malfunctioned with the transition to the new year.

Denver Police say they were called to the hotel as fights broke out
among frustrated guests.

One 9NEWS viewer says people were getting sick in the halls, and the
elevators were not working.

Denver Police say there were no serious injuries.

The lock-out ended around 3 a.m. According to Marriott, they have
comped the rooms for all of the guests due to the inconvenience.

9NEWS has also heard from one person in Hawaii who is staying at a
Marriott. She says their entire hotel was also locked out around the
same time.

Two other Denver Marriott hotels say they did not have those problems.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com