[LINK] (OT) another year to year transition problem

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Mon Jan 2 10:34:58 AEDT 2012

Jan Whitaker wrote:

> [I know link is to be about the internet mostly, but this programming
> transition problem story was too funny not to pass along]
>
> http://www.9news.com/news/article/239254/339/Guests-comped-rooms-after-Marriott-mixup
>

> Guests locked out at DTC Marriott

Yikes!

I clicked on the comments section of the article to read more,
and my Facebook name + account + picture popped up in the
comment area, ready to fill in  and forward on to Facebook.

And I have never been to the Colorado Chan 9 site before.

I do not like that kind of tracking AT ALL.

I am considering shutting down my useless Facebook account once
and for all.

What really p**ses me off is the violation of the original intent
of cookies. Cookies are supposed to be available ONLY to the originating
site/URL. Of course with web beacons/bugs/cross-tracking, we now have
this horrendous situation.

Welcome to 2012, Linkers!

cheers
rick

p.s. how's that for an Internet angle?

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
   -- William Butler Yeats