[LINK] Only 4,000 homes hooked up to NBN

Ash Nallawalla ash at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jan 3 22:15:55 AEDT 2012

How many homes have the NBN going past them, but have chosen not to join?
That might be a more interesting statistic than how slow the rollout is.

I can only use my past thinking to contemplate whether I'd sign up or not --
the cost and data allocation. While I can afford to pay more than $59.95 for
my 50+50 GB and 1500/256 connection, I haven't felt the need to go faster. I
don't download movies or similar large files. Other people might have their
own mental justifications. If the NBN gives me the same or more data for the
same price, I would sign up. If not, then I'll wait to reach a point when I
need the speed at a higher cost.

I recall being excited about the cable rollout, but I haven't even bothered
to look up when my suburb is on the rollout map.

Ash