[LINK] NextGen Publishing

Webb, KerryA KerryA.Webb at act.gov.au
Fri Jan 13 08:44:12 AEDT 2012

Jan wrote:

> Amazon is a strange beast. I buy different things from there, most
> recently an ice cream maker for my sister's family for Christmas --
> free shipping in US. They also are a store-front for all sorts of
> associates selling all kinds of things, not on the free shipping
> list, but 'findable' products. As for paper books, I did comparisons
> between them and the UK Book Depository and BD came in lower, plus
> they ship free internationally. I got the book in about a week -- at
> Christmas time! I thought that was pretty darn good.
>
> I received two Amazon gift cards, one from same sister, another from
> a 'sister' (long story). The one from real sister was for Kindle, but
> it says cannot be used for purchases outside the US. Still, it also
> says the value is available for other purchases, and I may try the
> kindle thing anyway because I have subscribed to free kindle books
> for my laptop with no problem in the past. Not sure why they would
> care if I was getting charged one unless there are copyright issues.

Tired of waiting for SBS, I decided to buy the 3rd and 4th series of Mad Men from Amazon.  When I proceeded to the Checkout, there was a message that the DVDs would be sourced from another two firms, but that they wouldn't sell them to me in Oz.  They then asked if I wanted to buy them from another address.

Strange, as I'd bought many US DVDs from Amazon previously.

Kerry