[LINK] Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat)

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jan 13 09:52:33 AEDT 2012

On 13/01/12 9:18 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:
>> On 13 January 2012 05:31,<stephen at melbpc.org.au>  wrote:
>>>   An Italian inventor claims to have developed a machine that can produce
>>>   large amounts of energy from almost nothing.
>>>   Rossi and Focardi say the device works by infusing heated hydrogen into
>>>   nickel, transmuting it into copper and producing heat.
> At 9:06 +1100 13/1/12, jim birch wrote:
>> Unfortunately it only works in a piece of the multiverse that is
>> unreachable from our local universe.
> Some people are so-o-o-o sceptical.
>
> All you need is Dr Rossi's *other* invention, a warp-machine, which
> reaches parts of the multiverse that other warp-machines cannot reach.
>

> It's Friday.  And the 13th at that.
>

> P.S.  Jim, firing off the 'transmuting hydrogen and nickel into
> copper' bit, we could also invoke Pratchett's view on alchemists -
> which is that they're a self-correcting problem, because they keep
> blowing themselves up.

Regrettable, the self-destruction often comes after investors get
fleeced. And the Herald never learns a damn thing:
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/energy-smart/mullumbimby-helping-to-save-world-20120112-1pxj2.html

...OK, it was an SMH journalist that exposed Firepower, but only AFTER
the Business and Sports sections let him run with bulldust for ages.

RC