[LINK] Last Call - Was - In Retirement on this thread

Richard Archer rha at juggernaut.com.au
Mon Jul 2 16:01:45 AEST 2012

On 2/07/12 2:58 PM, TKoltai wrote:
>  For a population as small as we have on a continent as large as
>  Australia, the Swiss example may be the only logical long term
>  option.

Misattributed to Yamamoto, but a great quote nonetheless:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle
behind every blade of grass."

There would be rifles behind most gum trees if Australia was invaded. At
least I would hope so!

But it seems we're perfectly happy to sell all our most productive
country (mines, farmland) to overseas interests, so no doubt we will be
purchased not invaded.

...R.