[LINK] Facebook sweatshop checkers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Mar 12 09:55:38 AEDT 2012

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/the-inside-story-about-facebooks-moderating-sweatshop-20120305-1ue47.html

Not for the fainthearted. Talks about the $1/hour Facebook checkers
in developing countries and what they are seeing. Privacy is an
issue, but the depravity of society ain't too great either.

final par: "...maybe disgruntled commuters, old schoolfriends and new
mothers will think twice before sharing intimate information with
their "friends" - only to find that two minutes later it's being
viewed by an under-vetted, unfulfilled person on a dollar an hour in
an internet cafe in Marrakech. "

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com