[LINK] Categories for a community directory

Paul Bolger pbolger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:52:55 AEDT 2012

What I was hoping for was to hook into an existing standard. I know
from experience that developing subjects/categories can consume huge
amounts of time which would be better put into gathering actual
content. Having a definitive standard also means not having to engage
in pointless arguments with collaborators over whether 'Yoga' really
needs to be a category in itself...

If I can't find a standard which looks like it can work fully I'll
have to follow plan b - which I think someone else suggested, that is
to allow users to add their own free text to 'none of the above' and
then harvest the most popular as new categories.