[LINK] Do not call list?

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat May 5 21:14:17 AEST 2012

On 5/05/2012 1:58 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Sat, 5 May 2012 12:27:29 +1000 Kim Holburn<kim at holburn.net>  wrote:
>>
>> I have suddenly started getting telephone calls from charities.  I tell them I am on the "do not call list" and they say they are not covered. It appears they aren't:
>
> My response to charities cold calling me is to say that I donate to the
> charities that I want to, but I will never donate to a charity that
> wastes its money cold calling people.  Generally charities will take note
> if you ask them not to call, it is the businesses (covered by DNC) that
> will ignore such requests.
In addition to the DNC list, I have an answering machine. The machine
used to have a message, telling telemarketers to basically FOAD. That
attracted the occasional narky message from telemarketers, so I changed it.

The new outgoing message just identifies the line as mine and invites
the caller to wait for the tone before leaving a message. In two years,
no telemarketer has.

--
David Boxall                    |  Perfection is achieved, not when
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  when there is nothing left to take
                                |  away.
                                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery