[LINK] One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Program

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Thu May 24 14:49:51 AEST 2012

On 24 May 2012 08:14, Tom Worthington <tom.worthington at tomw.net.au> wrote:
> The problem in Peru was that the computers were not part of an education
> program and the teachers were not trained to use them for teaching.
>
> I suggest the priority for computers in schools should be for teacher
> support and education and creation of educational content.

I can't comment on other countries, but I can talk about what we do at
OLPC Australia.

We are soon to release a comprehensive educational programme that is
based heavily on teacher training and enablement. We call it One
Education:

http://www.one-news.org/2012/02/one-education.html

We are also engaged in continuous (and increasingly detailed)
evaluation, working with researchers who have experience in evaluating
other technologies in education (such as the NSW DET laptops).

Sridhar

--
"Our mission is to enhance learning opportunities for over 500,000
primary school aged children by providing each one with a connected XO