[LINK] Pedagogy in the age of the Internet

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat May 26 10:47:12 AEST 2012

On 26/05/2012 8:48 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
> In the end, there is no web index to the truth. Each of us has to decide
> on the evidence for ourselves.
I guess that's the problem. There's just so much information that few of
us have the resources to judge effectively. It's distressingly easy for
those who seek to deceive.

I think it was Will Rodgers who commented that everyone is ignorant -
just about different things. I've been surprised at how easily people
allow themselves to be tricked into believing that they understand
enough to judge outrageously complex science.

--
David Boxall                    |  All that is required
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for good men to do nothing.