[LINK] Pedagogy in the age of the Internet

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon May 28 09:08:18 AEST 2012

On 26/05/12 10:47, David Boxall wrote:

> ... There's just so much information that few of
> us have the resources to judge effectively. ...

Perhaps the key to pedagogy in the age of the Internet is teaching
people how they can find enough common interest and trust to work
together, online.

> I've been surprised at how easily people
> allow themselves to be tricked into believing that they understand
> enough to judge outrageously complex science. ...

In presentations on green ICT, I avoid debating climate science. I
explain that I am not a climate scientist, but researchers who's
judgement I trust say it is real.

ps: Education is not just of academic interest, as it is Australia's
second largest export industry (after mining). If we can teach people
how to work together online, that export industry can grow.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/