[LINK] Roles and Responsibilities of System Administrators

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Sat Sep 29 07:42:07 AEST 2012

Picking up this thread on link:
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2012-September/098576.html>
and this one on SLUG (where we had an extended lightning talk discussion
about levels of memory)
<http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2012/09/msg00020.html>

It seems there is a need to look at Systems Architecture from an Energy
Efficiency perspective.

Leaving aside those pesky users and materials, it would appear that
Electricity Usage and Heat generation are where the virtual world
meets the physical!

Sometime back, I put together this paper:
> Business Imperatives for Green ICT
>
> Marghanita da Cruz, April 2010
>
> Abstract: This article explores the imperatives for green Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). There are financial and environmental, both social and ecological, reasons for green ICT. Energy costs are increasing and greenhouse gas emission need to be reduced. Obsolete computers and other electronic equipment are a hazardous waste, their disposal can be costly and their recycling valuable.
<http://www.ramin.com.au/itgovernance/green-ICT-governance-imperatives.shtml>

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz