[LINK] NBNCo Report

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Mon Apr 22 15:25:35 AEST 2013

On 22/04/2013, at 5:49 AM, Paul Brooks <pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au> wrote:
> And Youtube introduced HD videos, and ABC iView / Yahoo-7 catchup has adaptive CODECs
> for better quality streams on higher bandwidth links

I'm curious to see a source for your statement regarding adaptive codecs on ABC iView. Given your reply, obviously you have some reputable well researched citation you can provide for that statement.

I was just curious because I was the developer of (the ex-) Python-iView, and there was no such thing when I last checked, where only one codec and one quality option was available at the time (not counting the separate version for the iOS app). Admittedly the last time I checked would have been mid-July 2012, so it could have changed since then.