[LINK] Open Knowledge Live from Canberra

Dr Bob Jansen bob.jansen at turtlelane.com.au
Wed Aug 28 15:33:48 AEST 2013

This conversation takes me back to my old AI days at CSIRO. I seem to
remember then, the AI community mired in discussions of data vs
information vs knowledge vs wisdom. Sounds like we haven't progressed
much since then.

My take on it all was/is that we need to be careful in anchoring stuff
to definitions. In this area, what is data to one may be
information/knowledge/wisdom to another. The issue would appear to me to
be one of context and that is one thing we haven't really solved in the
AI arena, context-sensitive application of
data/information/knowledge/wisdom.

bobj

--
Dr Bob Jansen

In line with the Australian anti-spam legislation, if you wish to receive no further email from me, please send me an email with the subject "No Spam"