[LINK] Amazon Prime Air

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Tue Dec 3 10:52:07 AEDT 2013

Michael wrote:

> It looks terribly energy inefficient to me, but that never stopped
> "progress".

I dunno. Compare the fuel required to deliver a book by UAV drone
to that used to cart around the book and a 10 tonne truck. Of course
economies of scale may kick in for the truck case.

I was once told it costs about 19c per bottle of wine shipped from
Australia to North America. Wine by drone anyone?

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty.
She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
      -- Ellen DeGeneres