[LINK] A question of privacy

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Dec 6 09:52:59 AEDT 2013

I hope Link might be able to help me here; my head is spinning.

I'm involved with a group that's objecting to a development proposal.
Along the way, someone has leaked to the developer, details of email
correspondence between members. Among the details leaked are the
identities and email addresses of members (possibly more, but that's
what's certain).

The developer says that the leaked information came to them via a gmail
address, evidently created for the purpose. The most likely suspect is
an elected member of Council.

Has privacy legislation been violated (the location is in NSW, if that
matters)?

If so, is the developer bound by that legislation?

What, if anything, can (and/or should) be done?

--
David Boxall                    |  All that is required
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for good men to do nothing.