[LINK] UN declares that the right to privacy, including online privacy, is a human right

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Wed Dec 18 09:09:34 AEDT 2013

Frank O'Connor wrote:

> And how far is that likely to go with our new Human Rights Commissioner?            :)
> Non-issue for Australians I'm afraid ... we no longer have any human rights.
> Just my 2 cents worth ...

Might I recommend the following book for all Australians. A very
good read, clearly written with case histories from Canada an
the UK, two countries that have a Bill (Statue) of Rights for
its citizens. Main point: such a bill is enacted and enforced
by law to protect citizens from abuses by its government.

Statute Of Liberty
Geoffrey Robertson

https://shop.abc.net.au/products/statute-of-liberty

"This short book by Geoffrey Robertson QC is sure to become the
  primer for this debate. He puts the case for an Australian Bill
  of Rights cogently and dramatically, proving with evidence from
  other countries how a statute of liberty helps ordinary citizens
  and improves standards of governance and public services.

  He exposes the lies and urban myths the Australian people face from
  opponents of the bill, and shows how the charter he has drafted
  reflects the history and real contemporary values of Australians."

The last sentence in the above quote is most important. Pollies
are very afraid of such a bill and will spin up disingenuous
disinformation campains to prevent from seeing the light of day.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
      -- ancient wisdom