[LINK] UN declares that the right to privacy, including online privacy, is a human right

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Dec 18 09:31:49 AEDT 2013

At 09:09 AM 18/12/2013, Rick Welykochy wrote:

>The last sentence in the above quote is most important. Pollies
>are very afraid of such a bill and will spin up disingenuous
>disinformation campains to prevent from seeing the light of day.

Victoria took this up as a Charter of Human Rights.
http://www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au/index.php/the-charter
In Victoria, one can legitimately say to a public official, "I have
rights, and it's up to you to convince me why you think you can
violate them." I think this needs to be more widely distributed to the public.

So it can be done, if the right shade of political leadership is in
place. But as long as there are ruthless, unethical, power hungry
politicians in the chairs, there would be no hope.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer