[LINK] Wireless Broadband for Regional Australia

Janet Hawtin janet at hawtin.net.au
Thu Dec 26 23:02:51 AEDT 2013

The infrastructure we have now for roads, power, sewage, water, phone, rail.
It was established looking forwards. We have not moved onwards from that
investment.
How much of that infrastructure is still shiny where you are?

If kids could talk about connectivity and what they imagined it might be
like..
if your grandkids had work, learn, play, household, science, peer to peer
communities, aspirations for their digital access and expression how would
they describe it.

It would be a shame if they all had to huddle at the exchange with laptops,
phones,
whatever the next devices will be, trying to get an edge on a share of
wireless capacity
provided by imaginations which could not quite reach the distance.

Perhaps that is the next big thing.
Kid-built rotundas in the parks for the "digitally homeless" generation(s)
trying to access the best line of sight on the exchange.
It is a joke but not in the funny way.