[LINK] Wireless Broadband for Regional Australia

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Dec 26 23:30:20 AEDT 2013

Janet writes,

> yup.. 64 here and feel the same

True in major infrastructure terms, many would agree you're right Frank.

However, in terms of social organization, Australia has come a long way.

Many might agree Australia has built a well functioning, and, reasonably
safe, multi-layered, comparatively equitable and envied social structure.

For eg, most Aussie capital cities often score your "World's Best Cities".

We are not particularly corrupt or dishonest, we score very well in terms
of health, hospitals, schools and universities. And generally, many think
Australia is an excellent place to live comparatively. And they are right.

True, we've not lately built much lasting physical infrastructure. Rather
we've simply added to what we already have. But recent generations surely
have built strong social capital. We've built fine, good people. And fine
communities of people combining a mix of all ages, races, genders etc who
can and do consider our country truly wonderful. Not perfect, but getting
somewhat nearer there. And, most of us believe, it'll be better in future.

I guess it's been the 'Age of Aquarius'. Developing human structures, not
so much physical structures. We've indeed come a long way, in human terms.

Cheers,
Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server