[LINK] Wind power

Rachel Polanskis grove at zeta.org.au
Sun Feb 3 10:27:37 AEDT 2013

On 02/02/2013, at 17:48, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> <http://www.saphonenergy.com>
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68x-1X6tRls>
>
> "When it comes to the future of wind power one company thinks it looks
> different than you would expect, and, a lot cheaper and more efficient".
>
> Saphon, out of Tunisia, is interested in finding partners to mass-produce
> and market their unique wind-energy device, based on their own Zero Blade
> technology.
>
> "No noise, no insomnia, no headaches, and no danger at all to wildlife."

Some of the comments below the video say it is a scam, but I have always thought it might
be possible to take a sail and use the kinetic energy of the vibration of a taught sheet to
trigger a pendulum, which could translate into electromechanical energy.  I do not know
how the much loss through friction and so on would be because I am not an engineer,
just have these strange SF fantasies that I occasionally write down for my own amusement.

rachel