[LINK] Au sites and resources serious lagging

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Feb 6 08:17:27 AEDT 2013

At 11:33 PM 5/02/2013, Nicholas English wrote:
>Separately, here (UAE) is a telecoms duopoly for anyone apart from certain
>infrastructure category operators and 'regional security partners' (sic).
>All cross border traffic is via the national proxy.

I learned that recently when a student living in Qatar advised me he
couldn't access some of our readings from the Internet Archive
because it is blocked by the national proxy. I had never thought of
that source as a subversive collection of information! Managing that
network must be a nightmare. What about Google results? Amazon?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/