[LINK] NBN Wireless?

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Wed Feb 6 16:14:33 AEDT 2013

On 06/02/2013 14:53, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> (Alhough I must say, when our Senator claims "this is a quantum leap for
> broadband service" it's a bit of a worry. Quantum Leaps are the SMALLEST
> distance imaginable .. the distance electrons jump from one energy level
> to another when emitting photons of light. So one hopes that's not true)
To be pedantic, in general terms 'quantum' refers to any measurable property which is
not continuous - where the property is restricted to discrete, distinct values without
ever existing at the values in between. Yes, electrons can 'quantum leap' in energy
levels, and in position - but manual vehicle gearboxes are also quantised systems. The
Senator is actually correct.

Paul.